Saturday, December 16, 2006

Here's a dilemma: What to say on the holiday card

Oh what to say on the holiday card. Do we just say "Best wishes for the new year" as suggested by shutterfly? One lesson that I have learned this year is that in some cases it is better to just not go there. Clearly the holiday card could be one of those times.

But there is a part of me that wants to say "Hope 2007 doesn't suck as much as 2006." Naturally I won't go there. I hope Santa doesn't bring you a year full of dead babies. Not great for the holiday card.

I am now trying to think of a creative and a little subtle way of saying something that reflects the trials of this year and the hope for the coming year. Last year we announced that we were expectign a baby in April. Not going there.

Somebody posted about a writer's take on finding grace during shitty times. I thought his name was John Caldwell but a blog search doesn't help me. Does anybody know what I'm referring to?

I don't have much time for this because we want to send the card today. I'll probably just go with shutterfly's suggestion.

By the way, thanks for the help with the ticker. Sorry if I seemed a bit slow. I thought that posting html code in a post would just end up with the code in teh post. I should've tried it. Thanks for being patient with me.

I just couldn't do the ticker that was white and cheerful. I should put it back up so you can see how wrong it was. I also couldn't keep a ticker that ran to the end of the pregnancy. That's way too remote to set my sights on. The Level II u/s seems like a manageable goal.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From our family to yours, wishing you a year full of peace and love.

just a thought

Bleu

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally upfront on our Christmas letter. Granted, 95% of the people who receive it already know about the miscarriage, but I wasn't going to try to say we had this lovely year when we didn't. That said, I don't know how on earth I would try to sum it up into one line for a card. I probably wouldn't.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought the regular Hallmark cards. They say enough. You know they won't even look at it anyway. But you are an asshole if you don't send them.

I just wanted to personally thank you for this blog. I love it and check it often and catch-up on your journey if I miss a day. We are currently TTC and we had a miscarriage in July. Despite the fact I had one to your 3 losses I imagine that if we are successful at even conceiving I will be a wreck. I am pulling for your ultrasound.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hey, you! Just wanted to let you know I'm around, and checking on you. I'm so glad that you've gotten to see a live baby at your u/s!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know you and just ran across your blog randomly....I just thought I would sned yuo a link to what I wrote...might be too late though.

http://careyayn22.typepad.com/photos/christmas_cards/christmas_back.jpg

12:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Check out the fancy new hot pink background on your ticker!

2:30 PM  
Blogger delphi said...

I quit sending Christmas cards when C. died. It all seemed like drivel to me.

Not helpful, am I? :)

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home