Monday, December 11, 2006

Baby drama Tuesday

It wouldn't be Tuesday with out a trip to see fancy doc. Tomorrow I'll have my stitch checked out to see how it is looking. I have a real u/s scheduled as well, not just the five-second there-don't you-feel-better crappy u/s that fancy doc does. He wonders why I don't feel better after a five second look at the baby. I need it to sink in. I have to process a wide range of emotions as I work my way towards real relief and joy. Anyway, I should get a decent look at the baby although the purpose is to see my cervix and the stitch. I am eager, to say the least, to find out about gender so I’ll be asking about that. Anybody know when gender can reliably be determined from u/s?

I am half-expecting some sort of bad news, just out of habit really. I am still quite uncomfortable from the surgery, more so than last time. I am afraid that I am going to hemorrhage any minute now, even though I haven’t been bleeding much at all. I am afraid that the stitch has slipped or that my cervix just didn’t take it well. It’ll probably be fine.

After his exam, fancy doc will pronounce his opinion on what my activity level should be. This is no small deal considering that I am full-time mom to two small children. There is a lot of schlepping, carrying, walking up and down our stairs, bending over 1000x a day involved with their care. It just doesn’t feel right for me to be doing all of those things. Even if he says resume normal activity, I am too paranoid to do so. Maybe it’s paranoia, maybe its intuition. How the hell do I tell them apart?

7 Comments:

Blogger mintyfaglady said...

Here's hoping that stitch is doing what it's supposed to do.

Enjoy however many seconds ultrasound they deign to give you and trust your paranoia - stop with the lifting, bending and schlepping as much as you can!

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paranoia/intuition IS a slipperly lope. But I say follow your heart. Less regret that way. If bending feels wrong, don’t do it. I know, easier said than done with two kids. I hope you get a nice, long sonogram! Lucky you! My doctor says that they can start making educated guesses about gender around 17/18 weeks. 13w is still a bit early, sadly. Yet I have seem documented cases online of correct identification at 13 weeks. So maybe just maybe they will be able to say “It looks like it might be a ___.” What does your intuition say it is?

3:47 AM  
Blogger AJW5403 said...

With my Son we found out that he was a boy at a 14 week u/s. There was not wondering with him. I know that it was early but sometimes you can find out that early.

If you go back in my blog I have his u/s picture posted of his boy parts. You will see that it is possible to find out somewhat early. I would believe though if it is girl it would be harder to tell so early.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Don't overthink it. Just go with your gut feeling.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Briar said...

I say be as sedentary as possible. I agree with the "less regret" angle.

Thinking of you lots.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Rosepetal said...

I say - just look at your first trimester ticker - almost done. :o)

9:12 AM  
Blogger delphi said...

Hell, I have put myself on a sort of modified bedrest regime, and I don't even have real reason for it (other than statistical evidence that polyhydramnios can cause preterm labour).

I say do as little as you can get away with. If Rocket Man is on board (and I'm betting he is), he can take care of the lifting, etc. whenever possible. And if Mommy is a little too tired for rowdy play, well, that's life sometimes!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home