Thursday, December 14, 2006

I hate this ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


This ticker sucks, as far as I'm concerned. It just falls so completely short of capturing the situation. I liked my "walking on eggshells until the end of the first trimester" but I didn't like that you couldn't see those words. The words are black so they don't show up. Ticker factory doesn't seem to have a white background option although I don't even like the white background. It's way too... white.

What I need to do is put the ticker in a post that stays at the top of the page. Somebody's blog had a ticker in a post that stayed at the top. Who was that and how did you get that post to stay at the top?

I'd like to do a "walking on eggshells until this baby is in my arms alive" ticker but it has to be in a post in order for the words to be seen. Can anybody help me with this?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking for this...

My suggestion for keeping your ticker at the top of the page is as follows:

Go to the 'New Post' function and start a post as normal.

At the bottom of the Post box, there's a 'Post Options' link. Click it. Where it says 'Post Time and Date', make the Date somewhere in the future, like say your expected due date. Or the year 2010. That will keep the post at the top of the page.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha - sorry - I don't do blogger so can't help but HA! That ticker is so, so funny to me for some reason. You're so right - it just isn't you. I mean, I don't think, anyway.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Trista said...

ewe are here has exactly the response I was going to give you. When I put my ticker up for our last vacation, I dated it for the day we were leaving and it stayed up at the top and then just slid down with everything else...

That's what you should do. I think. Yup. There you go. Problem solved.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Rosepetal said...

I have no advice, but I googled "walking on eggshells ticker" to see if there was maybe another one with the right coloured writing, and it returned.... your blog.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you copy and paste the html coding in your page.. look over and when you see 000000 that means black ..
chnage it to white which is ffffff
or fgfgfg which is i think a different collow of yellow
and then recopy and paste and see if this works.. hoep this helps.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Kenneth Burton said...

This is awesomee

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home