Saturday, January 20, 2007

Finally

Jesus H. Christ at last. Five hours after the promised phone call, the genetic counselor called with good news. Everything looks fine. There are no extra chromosomes, no Downs Syndrome, no Turners, no trisomy. Thank God. I had a relatively good cry and now am relieved and EXHAUSTED.

I had started to think that if the baby had Downs, I would want to keep her. I've been feeling her move for about a week now and am getting quite attached. Nearly thirteen months after saying goodbye to LC, I am feeling a baby move again. It's been a long wait, I can't imagine choosing to give that up. Thank God I won't be faced with that decision.

Next week we'll get the full amnio results. There shouldn't be any new information. I'm not even sure how the amnio results will differ from the ones we just got (FISH results). I know that the amnio looks at all the chromosomes in their entirety so we'll see if there is a structural problem with a chromosome. My plan is to not worry about these results much at all. We should hear by Wednesday or so the genetic counselor says. I won't hold my breath.

Thanks for your support. It does help to know that I'm not going through this alone.

Deep breathhhhhhhh.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you. Congrats!

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats...deep sigh of relief

Mama2BandT

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goddess. I hope you read her the riot act but probablyyou were just happy to hear the news. I hope the rest of your weekend can be filled with easy breathing and baby moving.

5:00 PM  
Blogger lagiulia said...

Congratulations on the good results. I hope you can relax -at least little- for the rest of the weekend.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really really good news.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At freeking last. Doesn't it feel good to have all the chromosomes you need and not a single one more? : )
I'm with you on trying not to stress about the rest of the results. Chances are so so so so slim that anything else wil crop up without any other sonogram evidence. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got home and jumped on to check on you immediately. SO glad that all is OK. So happy for you.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! Thank God! You've been on my mind all day. I'm glad everything turned out ok.

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally. I'm so glad you can breathe now!

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad for you WTF

12:43 AM  
Blogger Clare said...

OMG, your good news is music to my ears. I am so happy for you.

6:02 AM  
Blogger hd said...

Deep breath indeed. I've been obsessively clicking on your link from my blog. Promise I'm not a stalker, just another well-wisher. :o)

11:05 AM  
Blogger AJW5403 said...

So happy to hear that the first results came back clean. As for what you will find out with the rest of the results is if there are any Translocations or Inversions. In most cases if there is a Translocation or Inversion it is usually harmless. My husband has an Inversion on his Chromosome #3. That is why we had the trouble with our miscarriages and such. My son also received my husbands Inversion and will have the same difficulties having children we did. But other wise will be a healthy boy. We still need to have my daughter checked to see if she got his Inversion. We had no clue about my husband’s inversion when we had her. Congratulations on the good news. Enjoy feeling your little girl move around in there.

3:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats!!!
phew.
xo

4:47 AM  
Blogger J said...

whew. Excellent.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations! I'm so happy to hear that the results were good. Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy will be much more relaxing!

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home