Friday, January 19, 2007

Still waiting

I've been waiting all day, freaking out since about 10 am. Fear set in this morning and it has a firm grip on my insides. I can't help but imagine various nightmarish scenarios. I was supposed to hear by 1 so I figured that the delay might be because the lab was double-checking my freakishly funky results or because the genetic counselor was saving the call until she had enough time to deliver the bad news.

She finally called back at 2;30 and said the results just aren't in yet. She assured me I would hear something by 6 pm. Now I figure the double-checking at the lab might be happening.

In the absence of news, I tend to freak out, as if you couldn't tell that about me. I'm wigging right now. It's nearly 5 pm. I'm imagining she'll say it's Turner Syndrome or some other rally funky news but not as bad as Downs. The phone keeps ringing but it keeps not being her. I'm terrified of hearing her voice at this point.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're here with you, hon. Hang in there.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

I still have both fingers crossed that the results will be normal and nothing to worry about. I'm thinking of you.

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 36 hour result window is just a general guideline: some take a little longer and that is perfectly normal. this came from my gen. counselor. You don't have much loger to wait, than goodness. I know it is torture.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home