Thursday, January 18, 2007

So far, so good, still

So it's been 32 hours and no gushes of fluid and no fever. I've been laying super-low mostly because I am afraid to do very much and because I am entertaining the idea that being sedentary might help. I am feeling optimistic (what, me?, have I lost my mind?) that everything is going to be okay for now.

I'm not too worried about the results, due in by 1 tomorrow, because there have been no signs of Downs and the combined screening results were so good. Of course, I wonder if I should worry about not worrying? Am I about to be blindsided in a most horrendous way? Let's hope not.

1 more sleep until we get FISH results.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are right t feel optimistic...that test that sent you to the amnio has such a high false positive rate. And the absence of ANY other markers really puts you in a good place. We'll be waiting for your good news this afternoon.

5:07 AM  
Blogger mintyfaglady said...

Good work on the staying horizontal.

I'm with Jennifer - you have good reason to feel optimistic. Anyhow, worrying won't change the result, so if you can not worry, I'd say that's a good thing.

Hanging out for a good result for you.

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be checking for updates and hoping for good news for you!

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home