Wednesday, January 17, 2007

So far, so good

I’ve been on the couch for 4 hours since I got home from the amnio and so far, no disasters. The technician raved about how beautifully the procedure went. The genetic counselor just about convinced us that the combined screening results (1 in 3681) are much more reliable than the AFP/triple screen (1 in 28). So I am feeling cautiously optimistic especially since there have been no indicators of Downs in any of the u/s’s esp the Level II.

Eventually I will have to pee and I’ll be forced off the couch. After 24 hours I should be in the clear with regards to breaking of membranes and infection. Then we’ll get FISH results by Friday pm.

I daresay the worst is…. Never mind, I’m not going to put that in print. Everything is okay for now.

Apparently all of the panic about the elevated hCG is no big deal and it is more often than not an indicator of absolutely nothing. I about wigged out this morning and nearly convinced myself that my spooky boy son was going to be right about our baby coming out today. The day is not over yet but if i don't stand up, our baby can't come out.

Fancy doc apparently is not worried about the elevated hCG but he sent word that we shouldn’t worry about him not being worried. I’ll see him next week for the two-week cervix and cerclage check.

Thanks for all of the moral support. I’ll keep you all posted.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep up the positive thought. And try not to stay too anxious until friday. Like my husbands says "we will deal with that bridge when/if we come to it. There is no need ruining today."

7:41 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

so glad to hear the amnio went well. Hope you stay put on the couch and make the DH your slave for the week. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good result on Friday.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friday is not too far away. Thank goodness for that FISH test. I'm glad the procedure went well. It's so standard these days that is usually always goes well. You're past the hump and now it is just a waiting game. Which is what pregnancy seems to be anyway, one long wait after another. Just take it easy (as easy as a mother can...) and I hope the next two days fly for you. And then after that I say ENOUGH drama for all of us.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Briar said...

I am glad it went well - I have been thinking of you. Don't get up.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you for tomorrow

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home