Friday, November 03, 2006

Today, my faith in humanity is partially restored

My cousin sent this email back to me. I was relieved and awed by her response.

Dear ____,

Nothing you could do could ever make me angry with you. It was I who was insensitive. I am very sorry that I upset you. I would never deliberately do that to you or anyone else in any situation. I wrote it that way because that was the way it was presented to me. Your mother had called and used that terminolgy leading me to believe that you were just 3-4 months along. You know how she can get, she was rambling at the time so please don't be angry with her either.

If you are ever angry with me don't hesitate to tell me. Just pick up the phone I am very strong and can take it, believe me I've had my share of things happen over the years. If you ever need a sounding block I am always here. Somehow I have become that with my friends and family and I don't mind.

Take care, my love to all and again I am sorry that I upset you. Many things have happened here recently and I might not have been my best when I was writting. I know that is no excuse and it is not meant to be.

Love,

_____

I also got an email back from the woman who didn't call after I lost LC because it would've been "awkward." She was very nice and apologetic. She explained what happened on her end. I think we may have a shot at a friendship.

It was a good day for honesty.

8 Comments:

Blogger delphi said...

Wow. It amazes me when the world works the way it *should*.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Rosepetal said...

Great - now all that animosity is gone and you don't have to deal with it anymore.

2:33 AM  
Blogger whatthef*ck said...

Next I think I may tackle the problem of Evil Shadow Pregnancy.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hooray for honesty. It's hard, but can pay off when you're dealing with the right kind of people (and is a quick way to know when you aren't).

I'm glad that your honesty paid off.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Married Lesbian Mom said...

As far as ESP...

My mom told me that you are only as sick as your secrets. I tend to use this daily. Even holding in you "secret" feelings can make oneself ill. I wish you luck and will be checking on you daily.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Whoa, that actually went well! I'm glad that that particular family tangle has been straightened out. XOXO

By the way, I'd leave ESP alone. That woman is just wrong in the head. I'm not even sure J*sus could help her. Really.

9:50 AM  
Blogger kate said...

Wow, awesome!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Briar said...

Wow. Impressive.

What are you thinking of doing about ESP?

I feel like I am so much closer to knowing you now! Heh. Stalkerish and creepy but true. Someday you will come to my beach house.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home