Friday, May 25, 2007

It’s a go

Well the amnio results came back and the lungs are beautifully mature. The amnio was a piece of cake. The first of two test results came in before I even got off the fetal monitor. The second set came a few hours later.

So it looks like we’ll be meeting our daughter on Tuesday morning at around 10 a.m. Unless I go into labor sooner. I am really starting to believe that we are going all the way to the appointment. I’ve thought for so long that I wouldn’t make it that far. I can’t help but feel that way when I feel so much pressure and strain on the stitch.

So it’s Friday afternoon and we have a three-day weekend between now and the delivery. Woah. Tomorrow, we have two birthday parties for the kids and a block party with neighbors. A visit with friends on Sunday morning. Some last minute nesting business. Time to move the dresser/changing table out of my daughter’s room into our room. Time to move the rocking chair also but I’m not sure how my daughter will handle that. Breastfeeding gear needs to be sterilized. We need to choose a CD; music to be born to, tough call.

I put tiny baby clothes in the dresser yesterday. Diapers have been purchased. Stacks of burp cloths and blankets are ready to go. My bag for the hospital is almost packed. Big brother and sister gifts have been purchased. Fancy doc’s cashmere scarf needs to be ironed so it will uncurl. Cameras need to be charged up.

The hospital doesn’t have internet access. Hmm. I’m not sure how and when I’ll get a post up. Don’t worry if the news doesn’t come on Tuesday. We’ll be trying to balance being in the moment and making phone calls, sending emails, etc. I could have Charlotte post for me when she gets home but I already feel like I want to be the one to post the news. Thoughts? Suggestions? Personal experiences?

I have a similar dilemma with family and friends. Lots of people will be anxious for the news. However, I would rather share the news on the phone than through email. Not with everybody of course. I guess we’ll just see how it goes and we’ll make whatever calls we feel like making the first day. I guess we should probably have an email out by the end of the day? I don’t know. It’s much more fun to share the news on the phone but I don’t want to spend the day on the phone. I don’t plan to ever do this again and I want to enjoy every second of it. Hmmm. Nice problem to have, for sure.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read wonderful news from this blog. I delivered my son at 37 1/2 weeks and he was perfect, as your daughter will be.

Enjoy your weekend.

Jenn

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck. Fingers are crossed here for a memorable and healthy delivery.

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yayayayayay for tuesday!

I think you can set up your cell phone to write and send a post to your blog or to post an audio message but I have no clue how its done.

sophia formerly of Journey to an Ewok

7:06 PM  
Blogger Ruby said...

I can't wait to read all about the birth of your perfect baby girl!!!

9:17 PM  
Blogger delphi said...

Hooray, hooray!

Yes! You must figure out how to text message to your blog. Or we will all have to wait until you are home and settled... no fair! (I'm one to talk, hey?)

Counting down the days!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Rosepetal said...

Good luck WTF

12:03 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Ooh, this is so exciting!

::hugs::

Best of luck!

12:16 PM  
Blogger battynurse said...

I'm so glad that all tests came back good and that she will be here on Tuesday. I'll be sending good wishes your way.

2:34 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

Wonderful news! Can't wait to see an update from you! :)

3:45 PM  
Blogger Lo said...

I can't wait to see your update!!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday and hello happy, healthy little baby girl:)

8:34 PM  
Blogger None said...

Glad you got good news about the lungs. Will be thinking good thoughts for you and your family on Tuesday.

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for mature lungs!
enjoy your last bits of this pregnancy, and there will be good thoughts and prayers coming your way... cant wait to read your post once the little one is welcome to the world!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Emma's Mum said...

That is wonderful news. I will be thinking about you on Tuesday!!!!!! I am so inspired by you! We will all be waiting for the full story!
lots of love and hugs....

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear baby's lungs are all ready for crying and keeping you up :o) Best of luck in the coming days.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, baby!!

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home