Tuesday, January 23, 2007

No news is good news

Nothing exciting or really worrisome happening here. Turns out I didn’t have food poisoning. It was the stomach flu (and a pretty mild case at that, fortunately). This became clear to me when my daughter barfed all over the place the next day. Now Rocket Man is laid out with it. Just my dad and son left to start puking.

My amnio results are due in soon but I really have hardly given them a second thought. I was so completely worn out by all of that stress (and then the barfing)that I just don’t have the stamina to go there again. And I do believe that the results will be fine. Hopefully I won’t start thinking about them now that I’ve written that.

I will see fancy doc on Thursday and we’ll see how my cervix is holding up. The contractions have slowed since I reduced my activity level although I have noticed that I have contractions now when I am utterly motionless. A disturbing new development but so far I’ve only had a few of these each day.

I’ll also check in with fancy about the elevated hCG that may or may not be an indicator of placental issues.

Now the challenge is to keep the baby in there. My benchmarks will be 24, 28, 32, 34 weeks. 22 ½ is when we lost LC so it will be nice to see that one go by.

Soon, at 22 weeks I believe, we’ll start doing a cervical mucus swab that somehow assesses the likelihood of pre-term labor. Now that my dad is here, I am taking it easier and that has reduced my stress about over-doing it.

So things are looking pretty good. Naturally that in itself gives me pause. But I am actually enjoying feeling the little darling move around and I confess I am an egregious offender when it comes to belly rubbing. I try not to do it in public. I has taken me a year to have my big ol’ belly back and I intend to enjoy it. At least a little.

In other news, it looks like we are back on with the project of making dosmamas a baby. I haven’t posted about this much and I am actually not going to now either. I’m glad it’s back on, although I wish it had worked out the way they wanted with their son’s donor.

Eww, Evil Shadow Pregnancy must have had her baby yesterday. She was scheduled for a c-section. I have been thinking more about her on her due date than about my no-longer-due date, which was January 18th. Go figure.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you have a pause in the drama. Enjoy it! Why is it that you don't post about being our KDs? I think I have asked you this before, but I can't remember what you said. I assume it is because it is kinda a non issue for you guys...but I don't know. Oh, and thanks for your recent post on my blog, it made me happy and cry.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, let's do keep all drama to a minimum! Enough already! You are due a good couple of months of stress-free pregnant living. Hopefully your thursday appointment will be boring.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted you to know I took your advice. My newest ticker is "...days till ultrasound #2." You're right, it's much easier to do that than it is to ticker the whole daunting pregnancy (which will hopefully actually be long and daunting this time...).

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've had your fair share of losses! I've just caught up with your blog! Good luck for this one :)

1:43 PM  
Blogger Married Lesbian Mom said...

Hey I just realized your date of viability is my daughter's 8th birthday...she is a wonderful and special child. So here's to your daughter's Date of Viability Day!!!

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are going well. I cross my fingers every time that I visit your blog and hope that baby is behaving herself.
Girl, I gotta tell you, I kind of feel like I'm living this pregnancy right along with you and I don't even know you.
I am wishing the best for oyou and your family.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you? Are you OK. Thinking of you.

2:35 PM  
Blogger whatthef*ck said...

i'm fine, just a little hormonal, grumpy and depressed. so pretty much normal actually!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Sophia said...

yayay for normal!

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home