Sunday, May 27, 2007

100th post

I sent this email to family and friends today. Figured I’d post it also despite some redundancy.

"It's official. The amnio on Friday showed beautifully mature lungs. Tuesday morning at around 10 a.m. we will be meeting our daughter!

She's ready. I AM READY! Fancy doc is ready; this man, who is one of the best in the world with cerclages, has maintained excellent humor during all of my questioning and second-guessing. He says that he will miss me, as I am his most "entertaining" patient. He thinks I should keep the stitch in so we can have another baby. I tell him that if he wants to see me again that badly, we can have lunch.

The critical care nurse who took such good care of me when we lost LC, has switched off the night shift to do my C-section. This woman was so great that we sent her homemade cookies and a thank you note after the disaster. She has known my doctor for years and they are both very excited to see this journey come full circle with us.

Between my doctor and the critical care nurse we figure we can talk the anesthesiologist into making a few exceptions on our behalf. We plan to have my dear, dear friend, Charlotte, with us in the OR for the C-section; she was with us when LC was born and we are looking forward to a big, snotty cry together when we hear this baby scream! We'd also like to have some music; we've been unsuccessful in past attempts to convince the anesthesiologist to allow music. Fancy doc also said he would talk to the nurses about allowing me to hold the baby right after she gets wrapped up! In the past, I haven't held our babies until they were brought to the recovery room which is about an hour later. I had given up hope of holding the baby right away.

So it looks like this is really going to happen. Since the critical care nurse called to say that she was going to be there for my C-section, I've stopped wishing for early labor. Tuesday morning sounds great. I've waited this long, I can wait a few more days. Actually now it's less than 48 hours! Holy crap!

The hospital doesn't have internet access so nobody worry if you don't hear from us on Tuesday. At the same time I hate to leave anyone hanging after I've dragged you along on this tumultuous journey. We'll certainly make some phone calls but we'll also want to just be in the moment enjoying getting to know our daughter. Maybe Rocket Man can get an email off from a nearby coffee shop on Tuesday night. Once again I am baffled by the failings of modern technology, cell phones, crackberry and all. We'll really try to send an email by Wednesday p.m.

My son and daughter will be meeting their baby sister early Tuesday afternoon. Imagining that epoch event has sustained me through some worrisome times.

I'm signing off now to work on my "to-do-before-we-go-have-the-baby-on-Tuesday" list. Pretty standard stuff. Sterilize baby bottles and breast pump parts, pack up the cameras, try to get RM to install bicycle hooks on the garage ceiling so we can make some room in there. That last one is a little nutty. Call me irrational. I call it biological imperative.

I also need to have some carefully staged last-minute, giant belly photos taken. Absolutely no double chins, squishy arms, or excessive love handlage allowed. No small task indeed.

Thanks again for riding with us on this can't-even-come-up-with-the-right-adjective journey. Someday I'll probably wonder why I shared so much, okay too much, information with all of you nice people. For now I will take comfort in knowing that I did it because I needed to.

Fondly,”

WTF

21 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Ahh, I'm so excited!

I can't get over how excited I am in spite of the fact that I don't know you AT ALL.

It's so close! I'm sooo happy you've made it this far. You're almost there!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Wow! It's so weird how "connected" you can feel with a total stranger. I am very excited for you and your family.

Thank you for sharing so much of your personal journey with all of us.

Tuesday will be the most amazing day!

Ashley

5:07 PM  
Blogger bleu said...

Enjoy your babymoon. I am so happy to see you here, finally.
Much love and peace.

8:26 PM  
Blogger battynurse said...

I too am so happy to see you finally get to the point where you get to meet your daughter soon. Congratulations.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Drowned Girl said...

Enjoy it

xx

11:49 PM  
Blogger lagiulia said...

Thinking of you and can't wait to read that happy post. Until then, enjoy this experience to the fullest. You have it coming.

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tearing up reading this and I don't even really know you. I'll be praying for you tomorrow. I think I'm more anxious about you having this baby then I am about things going on in my own life.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I have to echo a few of your other commenters, I don't know you at all and yet I'm completely caught up in your journey.

You've been such an inspiration, with all your candor and courage in sharing your fears and the reasons for them.

Enjoy your last 24 hours of pregnancy, and all the best for tomorrow!!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Wishing you all the best! Can't wait for the word of good news (and pictures, of course)!

Love ya!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oh wow! Tomorrow is the big day! I'll be thinking of you and looking forward to pictures, too!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Lo said...

Best wishes for tomorrow! Happy birth-day!!

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy every moment! I hope the brith goes well and you are allowed a few "extras" (music, holding your new baby etc.).

6:17 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

It's already Tuesday morning here in Oz and I can't believe this the THE day. Wishing you much love and luck and look forward to reading you happy news asap.

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading (mostly) without comment since the beginning, with my fingers crossed for you the whole time. It gives me chills to think of what today must be like for you - and tomorrow will be so much better.

I'm so thrilled for you. Happy, happy baby.

6:39 PM  
Blogger AJW5403 said...

Best of luck to you today as you meet your daughter.

2:39 AM  
Blogger ewe are here said...

All the best!!!

3:50 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Happy baby day! I hope and pray that things go smoothly today. Can't wait to see pictures of the little miracle!

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! thinking of you RIGHT NOW!
can't wait for the 1001st post.
xo

12:17 PM  
Blogger A said...

5/29/2007 -- 3:54pm Eastern Time

I am SO excited for you. By my calculations, you are adoring your new baby girl as I type. I can't wait to see your next post!!!

Amy

12:53 PM  
Blogger CappyPrincess said...

Many thoughts are being held for you and the baby. We're excited to hear of how you're doing.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Ruby said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you meet your baby girl today.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home