Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Here she is!


Here is my sweet girl! LS has been sleeping her tiny butt off. She pretty much sleeps all the time with short breaks for nursing and having a look around. I wonder what will happen when I go off the pain meds. Yikes. I am kind of, a little bit getting used to this. I do my thing and she sleeps in her Moses basket. Neither one of my other kids was this easy at one week of age.

One week. LS is one week old today. I really want to post her name. Her name is so beautiful. Email me at livebabyhopes@gmail.com if you really want to know her name.

Today is the first day that I am not in quite a lot of pain. Until today I've been on 2 percoset/every 6 hours around the clock. I hate the idea that she is getting some of that in my breastmilk but up until now I haven't felt like I've had a choice. Seems like it is time to suck it up a little, not that I am going to let myself suffer. No worries there. I am reminded of my friend Victoria's line, "Get off the cross woman, somebody needs the wood." Somebody needs the wood and I need to be relatively pain-free.

I'm still in full-on baby bliss here. She is so incredible. I marvel, when I get the chance, at every face she makes. I marvel at how, when her arms and hands go waving around, she looks like a tiny wizard casting a spell. Her butt is so small; it's pretty bony and red and saggy with extra skin that will soon be grown into. A butt only a mother could love.

She's incredible. My left boob is killing me. I'm hungry for some SOFT, gooey, possibly bacteria-or-whatever-the-hell-laden CHEESE!!

27 Comments:

Blogger Ruby said...

Ohhh, WTF. She is sooo beautiful. Her picture brought tears to my eyes. I am genuinely happy for you.

I will be e-mailing for her name.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh lordy...what a sweet little pumpkin! she is lovely, and i stopped reading your two posts to keep scrolling up to look up at the picture and go "awwwww...hi little pumpkin" a few times!

congratulations and here's to enjoying every moment of this little bitty wonder!

i forget when i started reading you, but its been a journey and its nice to not be holding our breaths for you - and if it feels this much a relief for ME, i cant imagine the relief you and your family feel.

(((((((((WTF clan)))))))))

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

/delurking

Your new baby is gorgeous, and you are an amazing writer. I've been reading your story for awhile, and it is so inspirational.

Becky

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. I am in awe of this whole experience every time I watch from a distance as friends go through it. I find it SO hard to believe it will maybe soon be me marvelling at a baby butt. I am so glad you made it here, wtf.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Lo said...

Wow. How beautiful. what a wonderful outcome.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Eliza said...

Aww...so tiny. I love tiny babies. So happy for the entire WTF/Rocket family.

4:32 PM  
Blogger battynurse said...

Oh my God, she is so beautiful. Congratulations.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

WTF-

She is beautiful! I am so very happy for you and the rest of your beautiful family. You have had an arduous journey and what a sweet "redemption".

Congratulations!

Ashley

5:46 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Beautiful! I marvel at her (and you) from afar. As if I need to tell you to...enjoy her...you have earned this happiness.

6:14 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

She is simply BEAUTIFUL! So glad that you got your well deserved happy ending!

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is so cute. Glad that you are home safely and enjoying every moment.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oh jeez!! She is so gorgeous! I love her little mouth and her little nose...so perfect. I'm so glad that you posted a picture. This has been just amazing, being in on this from the very beginning. I'm so happy for you! That baby bliss sounds pretty great...

7:52 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

LS is so beautiful and just divine. what a sweet little baby she is. I'm emailing for her name too!!

8:08 PM  
Blogger CappyPrincess said...

Welcome home! She is absolutely gorgeous. Congrats again to your family.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Thank you for posting a picture of your sweet little baby. She's perfect.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Oh, she is so gorgeous. Congratulations. How wonderful.

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful!!
Congrats to you all & welcome home.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no doubt about it, she is absolutely perfect!

7:10 AM  
Blogger bleu said...

She is truly beautiful. I am so happy for you.

7:35 AM  
Blogger delphi said...

She is just SO gorgeous. Perfect! I hope she continues to be so easy to care for (knocking on wood).

10:32 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

She is so precious and beautiful and perfect. Congrats again!

2:49 PM  
Blogger ewe are here said...

She's so tiny and lovely!
Congratulations, again.


Oh, and after having number two in March, I made my husband go out and buy me brie. I had missed it so.
:-)

2:55 PM  
Blogger AJW5403 said...

She is just beautiful!!

2:12 AM  
Blogger Cheek said...

She is absolutely gorgeous. What a love lump. Congratulations.

12:16 PM  
Blogger SWH said...

Very beautiful. I'm so happy that you are both doing well.

4:47 PM  
Blogger hd said...

Good GOD, that's a pretty baby. I'm SO happy for you!

7:59 AM  
Blogger kate said...

wow, she is just so beautiful!

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home